Upon conception, our vision for The Tangled Wood was for Quad Citizens to have a low-key, high-functioning gathering place. It was the next stage in the evolution of the beloved local bar, Governor’s. We believe the new name and vibe embrace the scale and setting of the new location along with the communal feel we are striving for.
After all, this wasn’t meant to be just any restaurant where you eat and run. Nope! The Tangled Wood was designed to be a full-on Quad Cities restaurant destination for great food, a variety of drinks and plentiful fun. So, we opened up the restaurant on January 14, 2019, and then got to work on the 8,000 square foot adult playground (kid-friendly, too)!
Things to do in our patio oasis with an amphitheater include but are NOT limited to the following (imagination using is encouraged).
- Pull up a stool in our outdoor bar.
- Pull up a chair in our outdoor dining area.
- Use one of our lawn chairs or bring your own and find your spot in the grass.
- Warm up on a spring or fall night around the fire pits.
- Play bocce ball and bags with a spectacular view of our wooded landscape.
- Watch the big screen (202 inches big), used to show epic movies and sporting events.
- Check out the big 600+ square foot stage which hosts all of your favorite local bands and visiting acts from time to time.
- Dance the night away while listening to live music.
- Park your bike in our designated bicycle parking area.
This patio oasis has quickly become a complementary staycation destination to the restaurant! Inside the restaurant, you have 7,400 square feet to roam with friends, family and colleagues. That includes two private dining spaces for your special occasions and corporate events. Enjoy scenery such as a bar wrapped in barrel slats from actual whiskey barrels and tables built by local artisans. Or divert your eyes to the televisions (26 to be exact). We have free wifi and phone charging stations to meet your tech needs but we’re all about connecting with our community here!
Near the Quad Cities airport, bring your guests to show off your hometown’s hidden gem. Our pork tenderloin and other comfort food items are worth a road trip. All are welcome at The Tangled Wood bar and grill restaurant destination!
Have a question?